Housing Intake Specialist
Thank you for your interest in American Financial Solutions. We are currently hiring for the Housing Intake Specialist (see below).
Application Form (.doc) *Important: If you are using an Apple product, please save the application as a PDF prior to sending it to us.
Housing Intake Specialist
General Purpose: This position is to conduct initial intake for housing counseling clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes first time calls from or meets with new housing counseling clients.
- Provides Housing Counseling Intake Packet and instructions for completing and returning to AFS.
- Keeps a record of all new clients and distributes new clients equally between the Housing Counselors.
- Maintains Master Billing Spreadsheet.
- Maintains document file system and document data storage system. Including maintaining and setting up new files and indexes for documents. Maintain files according to standard filing rules, legal requirements, and/or work unit procedures.
- Operates phone, computers, and related peripheral equipment, transcribes data from a variety of complex source documents, and verifies data for accuracy and completeness.
- Processes and receives incoming faxes and delivers to appropriate personnel.
- Searches and investigates records to retrieve information using manual or automated systems.
- Provides research and information concerning technical problems, workflow, missing documents and errors.
- When requested, assists with basic client tasks.
- Follows procedures outlined in the SOPs, Job Aids and other instructions given by the Director of Strategic Initiatives Attends all mandatory meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong work ethic; exceptional attention to detail and ability to work alone with little or no supervision;
- Ability to work well in a team environment; eagerness to learn new skills;
- Able to multitask and prioritize workloads;
- Excellent attendance record; flexibility for scheduling and daily responsibilities;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret personal financial information and company correspondence;
- Ability to write and keep track of client information in accordance with prescribed style and format;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with management staff, coworkers, and the general public.
Experience, Education and Licensure
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer AA degree or higher
- Typing skills (minimum 40 wpm)
- Computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office
- Obtain/maintain required counselor certification within required time period (NFCC and individual state standards require certification within 12 months from date of hire).
- Maintain continuing education credits.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to read a computer monitor and written and typed documents.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to dust, wires, electric currents, computer parts, telephone lines, dogs, moderate to high noise levels, and other environmental issues which exist in a call center environment.