Application Form (.doc) *Important: If you are using an Apple product, please save the application as a PDF prior to sending it to us.
AFS is a 501(c3) nonprofit that provides Credit Counseling, Finance Education, Debt Management Plans, Bankruptcy Counseling, Homebuyer Counseling, and Student Loan Counseling. Our mission is to empower people to improve the quality of their lives through financial education and counseling. American Financial Solutions is a division of the North Seattle Community College Foundation.
What does a Bilingual Debt Resolution Specialist/Debt Resolution Specialist do during a typical day?
· Manage a high volume of inbound and outbound calls, emails, and appointments from consumers experiencing financial hardship.
· Perform credit counseling sessions with the aim of helping consumers find a pathway to successful debt resolution. Sessions include goals and needs discussion, budget review, credit report pull, and debt analysis.
· Analyze potential debt repayment options, then persuasively communicate a targeted solution and course of action for successful debt management.
· Enroll clients in internal repayment plans as well as provide financial education referrals and community/government resources.
· Accurately document and secure all pertinent client information in AFS’ client management system
· Deliver best-in-class service to each client in a professional, compassionate, and responsible manner while meeting monthly performance goals
What makes a successful Bilingual Debt Resolution Specialist/Debt Resolution?
No experience necessary! AFS coaches and managers provide an extensive training program over a 6–8 week period. We have found that successful frontline staff members come from a variety of backgrounds, most notably, banking, customer service, sales, and collections. The following skills the most beneficial for excelling in the position:
· A positive can-do attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional multi-tasking skills
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills
· Ability to skillfully navigate a client database, MS Office programs, and type at a rate of 35 wpm (minimum)
· Education: Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent education required.
· Required to obtain the National Foundation for Credit Counseling Credit Counselor Certification within 6 months of hire.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment screening process including a criminal background check.
What makes working at AFS great?
· Being part of a team and company passionate about improving the financial lives of consumers in need.
· Enjoying a fun, supportive team and family-oriented work culture.
· Upon training, certification, and proven proficiency in the position, telecommuting opportunities available.
The position is full-time, Monday-Friday, has excellent benefits which include medical, dental, vision, company-matched 401K plan, insurance, paid holidays, and a generous PTO/Sick Leave accrual policy.
Salary: $20 per hour
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to read a computer monitor and written and typed documents.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to dust, wires, electric currents, computer parts, telephone lines, dogs, moderate noise levels, and other environmental issues.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Follow the instructions at the top of the page.