Application Form (.doc) *Important: If you are using an Apple product, please save the application as a PDF prior to sending it to us.
AFS is a 501(c3) nonprofit that provides Credit Counseling, Finance Education, Debt Management Plans, Bankruptcy Counseling, Homebuyer Counseling, and Student Loan Counseling. Our mission is to empower people to improve the quality of their lives through financial education and counseling. American Financial Solutions is a division of the North Seattle Community College Foundation.
What does a Bilingual Credit Counselor/Credit Counselor do during a typical day?
· Manage a high volume of inbound and outbound calls, emails, and appointments from consumers experiencing financial hardship.
· Perform credit counseling sessions: reviewing the consumer's current financial hardship, goals, budget, credit report/score, and making personalized recommendations for budget and credit improvement.
· Analyze potential debt repayment options, then persuasively communicate a targeted solution and course of action for successful debt management.
· Enroll clients in internal repayment plans as well as provide financial education referrals and community/government resources.
· Accurately document and secure all pertinent client information in AFS’ client management system
· Deliver best-in-class service to each client in a professional, compassionate, and responsible manner while meeting monthly performance goals
What makes a successful Bilingual Credit Counselor/Credit Counselor?
· A positive can-do attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional multi-tasking skills
· Bilingual (Spanish and English) is required (Bilingual Position Only)
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills
· Ability to deftly navigate a client database, MS Office programs, and type at a rate of 35 wpm (minimum)
· Education: Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent education required.
· Experience: Two years of experience assisting customers in a service/sales/banking environment preferred. Successful credit counselors come from a variety of backgrounds, most notably, banking, customer service, sales, and collections.
· Ability to obtain the National Foundation for Credit Counseling Credit Counselor Certification within 6 months of hire (required). Pay raise applies upon certification.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment screening process including a criminal background check.
AFS provides extensive training and a learning environment where you can grow and succeed.
What makes working at AFS great?
· Being part of a team and company passionate about improving the financial lives of consumers in need.
· Enjoying a fun, supportive team and family-oriented work culture.
· Work from home options upon completion of training and NFCC certification
The position is full-time, Monday-Friday, has excellent benefits which include medical, dental, vision, company matched 401K plan, insurance, paid holidays, and a generous PTO accrual policy.
Salary: $18.00 /hour, salary increases to $19.00 upon certification
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to read a computer monitor and written and typed documents.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to dust, wires, electric currents, computer parts, telephone lines, dogs, moderate noise levels, and other environmental issues.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Follow the instructions at the top of the page.