American Financial Solutions (AFS) has achieved national re-accreditation through the New York-based Council on Accreditation (COA). This accreditation was rigorous and involved numerous hours of preparation by members of our staff, executive team, board members, partners, and our clients.
Seattle, WA - November 27, 2017
American Financial Solutions (AFS) has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. This year our donation platform is on Facebook. It was created by Rebecca House, our Education and Communication Director.
Occurring this year on November 28, #GivingTuesday is held annually, on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The goal is to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
AFS joins #GivingTuesday to help raise funds to support our credit and debt counseling services as well as our financial education services. Many of our services are provided at no cost to the participants, but have great results. Some comments from course participants include:
- “I think this (course) would be an asset as a boot camp class to help apprentices/new apprentices plan accordingly. Honestly this stuff should be taught in high school.”
- “The example of a super tight budget, a budget smaller than mine, helped me be confident in budgeting.”
- “I now have material that I can take home and refer to throughout my life.”
- “The best thing I learned was that there is a way to have my internet and cable at an affordable cost and that I have a right to what I am paying for.”
- “The presenter answered "real world" questions and gave us examples of good credit practices.”
- “I now know that when buying a car I don’t have to let the dealer know the amount I have or give them my info. Get preapproved.”
This holiday season, donate to American Financial Solutions and help us fight debt and give people the power to make financial decisions that improve their lives.
Thank you from all of us at AFS.