On Aug. 24, 2022, the Biden-Harris Administration announced the One-Time Student Loan Debt Relief plan that includes one-time student loan debt relief targeted to low- and middle-income families.. The discharge will not be automatically granted. YOU MUST APPLY. Here are steps to take to determine eligibility and ensure you do not miss important student loan updates.
Consumer Fraud Resources
Fraud by telephone solicitors or Radio/Television Advertisement
445 12 St. SW
Washington DC, 20554
(202) 418-0190 / (888) 225-5322 or www.fcc.gov
Fraud by any person or company who used the US Postal Service
1. Find the U.S. Government section of your local phone book (may be blue pages, probably in front of the phone book).
2. Look for Postal Service or contact the federal office:
USPS Inspection Services
475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington DC, 20260
(202) 268-2284 or www.usps.gov
Help for anyone who feels they were defrauded
National Fraud Information Center (NFIC)
1701 K Street, NW,Suite 1200
Washington, DC 20006
(800) 876-7060 or www.fraud.org
The NFIC can help people who feel they’ve been defrauded. Services include:
* Assistance filing a complaint with appropriate federal agencies.
* Recorded information on current fraud schemes.
* Tips on how to avoid becoming a fraud victim.
* Direct ordering of consumer publications in English or Spanish.