In this time of financial uncertainty, you might be feeling like you need a vacation from all the stress. But with limited travel options, you don’t have to feel stuck in the house. In fact, there are plenty of ways to get away from it all, without going anywhere. Better yet, these stay-cations won’t cost a thing!
1. A Free Disney Vacation. Disney parks might be closed for the duration, but that doesn’t mean you can’t pay a virtual visit to Mickey Mouse and all his friends. You can take a virtual tour of Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or Epcot via Google Street View, and that’s just for starters. Or, hop on YouTube and experience classic rides like It’s a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, or take a walk down Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley.
2. Backyard Campout. The Grand Canyon and other national parks are closed, but you can still experience the great outdoors from your own backyard. Set up a tent, bring out the sleeping bag and flashlights and get ready to roast marshmallows for the best homemade smores you could ever imagine!
3. Home Spa Day. You can feel relaxed and refreshed without ever stepping foot in a fancy spa - and without spending a ton of money! Everything you need for face masks, steam treatments, manicures, hair treatments, and foot soaks can be found at grocery stores and can be delivered right to your door.
4. Virtual Tours. From the Louvre in France, the Great Wall of China, and the San Diego Zoo, most museums, zoos, state parks and other attractions like Legoland have opened their virtual gates for internet explorers to visit. Many are hosting live events on social media, while others can also be found via Google Street View and YouTube.
5. An Out of This World Experience. Thanks to NASA and Google, you won’t need to train like an astronaut to visit the surface of Mars. In 2011, the Curiosity Rover landed on the Red Planet and took millions of photographs of its surface. With these photographs digitally stitched together, you can now join the virtual Curiosity Rover to tour Mars and learn more about the mysterious planet.
What will you do with the vacation money you saved this year? American Financial Solutions has certified counselors that will help you navigate your current financial situation and help determine the best plan for your financial future.