Investing in Yourself a Money Management Series
American Financial Solutions has created eight powerful personal finance courses that you can take online for free. Investing in Yourself is a series of programs that teach the essentials of smart money management including, debt management, credit card debt management, budgeting and investing.
Most classes take just 30 minutes and are followed by a 10-question quiz to test your understanding. If you register and successfully complete these courses, you will receive a certificate which you may add to your credit bureau file.
- Chapter One: Setting Your Financial Goals and Creating a Budget (30 minutes)
- Chapter Two: Your Banking Relationship (30 minutes)
- Chapter Three: Understanding Credit & Credit Reports (30 minutes)
- Chapter Four: Introduction to Borrowing (30 minutes)
- Chapter Five: Introduction to Investing (30 minutes)
- Chapter Six: Identity Theft & Predatory Lending (30 minutes)
- Chapter Seven: Children & Money Tips for Parents (30 minutes)
- Chapter Eight: Your Financial Life - For Young Adults (1 hour)
These presentations are streamed through IRIS Education, a division of Seattle Community Colleges Television.
PRIVATE AND COMMUNITY FINANCIAL EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
We offer workshops in Western Washington to build financial literacy and help clients better manage their money. We can work with your organization to create and present workshops to meet your clients’ needs. A variety of programs are available for adults, young adults, parents and teachers. Go To Local Classes
Local workshop and class topics include:
- Setting Your Financial Goals & Making a Budget
- Introduction to Investing
- Your Banking Relationship
- Identity Theft & Predatory Lending
- Understanding Credit & Credit Reports
- Children & Money Tips for Parents & Teachers
- Introduction to Borrowing
- Your Financial Life – For Young Adults
If you would like us to present a specific class or workshop to a group in Western Washington, please contact our Education Director toll free at 1-888-282-5492 X 1114.
We participate in many community events to promote financial education. Many of our classes are taught in Spanish to Hispanic and Latino groups including first time home buyers and migrant workers.